9.19.2009

HaPPY BiRTHDaY Kai!

Kai had a great birthday party this year! We opted to go for a smaller party b/c Kai is going through a "stranger danger" phase and I didn't want him to be shy at his own party. We we had our two neighbors over (as well as Quinton and Jen) and it was PERFECT!!! Kai was comfortable with everyone there. We couldn't have been happier with the way everything went.
B/c Kai is so Elmo obsessed we thought an Elmo cake would be appropriate. I decided to use fondant again and I was happy with the way it turned out. I am not a night owl and the only time when I could really work on the cake was after both kids were asleep. So I worked on this cake at night one evening and stayed up til past midnight (REALLY late for me) and then decided I just needed to be done already so I called it good. (Elmo was a lot taller when I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning he had kinda shrunk into himself...oh well. He still kinda looks like Elmo right?)
Kai was so happy with the cake.






We have the best neighbors EVER. (No question) We are so blessed to live next door to you guys. We love you more than you will ever know. Thanks for coming over!


Kai and Jackie...


This was Kai's face as everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to him. He was so happy.
Blowing out the candle...
K...this gift was so funny. I found this Elmo at a garage sale for like $2. It came with a potty for him to sit on, a sippy cup, and a book about going potty on the toilet. We are going to start potty training in just over a week so I thought it would be great. I washed and sterilized everything after I bought it and it is as good as new. It is so funny b/c when you push on Elmo's hand he tells you he is thirsty and then he tells you he needs to go potty. We also got Kai "big boy" underwear and an "Elmo Goes Potty" DVD to watch. We are going to do this!!!
Kai giving Elmo a drink...
Ben bought Kai a hummer to play with and he LOVES it!!!
Leave it to my Mom to send Kai a hilarious card. Perfect potty training card, mom!
New outfit from my Mom...He loves it!
Most incredible gift...Elmo Live. I am not sure who likes it more, me or Kai. It is amazing! This "robot" is ridiculous...he can do everything.

Thanks Mom, Dad, and Uncle Quinton. Kai is so lucky to have you!


Kai kept running over to show our neighbors his new gifts. He loves them so much.
Kai and Daddy...
Opening a gift from Nick and Jackie...
Then, running over to thank them.
Thanks guys!

Cicilee is wearing a new outfit from my Mom. My Mom didn't want Kai to be the only one with something new so she sent Cici this cute new outfit. Isn't my Mom so thoughtful?!

Cicilee with our neighbor, Deedee. She has always loved Deedee.
Kai with all his birthday presents at the end of the night...what a haul!!!
Family pic at the end of the night (2 1/2 hours after bedtime).
Another successful birthday. Our little man is two!!! We love you more than we can express.

4 comments:

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Ash..are you freaking kidding me????? You did not make that cake!! That is the cutest cake I have ever scene. Can I hire you to make all of my kids future cakes? You are amazing! So glad Kai had a good 2nd birthday. He is such a cutie pie! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!

Lindsay said...

That cake was amazing! Good work! Kai looks so incredibly happy in every picture. You guys look like you had a ball and I can't wait to hear how potty trainig goes!

Kristal said...

Good job on the cake, its freakin amazing! It looks like he had a great birthday!

Jena Hendry said...

Wow Ash! I am so impressed with your cake baking skills. Can you pass some on to me?? Looks like such a fun party. Can't wait to see you guys!