3.09.2010

Our Newest Addition...

After saying farewell to our little white car, Ben and I started car shopping online just to see what was out there. We have a friend who works for Toyota and told us to come by and check out his inventory. We went last Tuesday just to "look" and ended up leaving in a Toyota Highlander. We love it. It is just what we needed...not too big, but big enough if (when) we decide to have a third kiddo. I love that there is a third row if I want to pull it up...also it is so nice to have 4WD for when it snows here. How have we lived in Colorado for over 4 years without 4WD? (I guess that just shows you how nice the weather here really is.)
I wasn't too particular about car shopping specifics, other than I wanted 4WD and a third row. When we looked at this Highlander I was shocked at how nice it was. It is loaded! I have never had a car with leather seats much less HEATED SEATS. This is probably my favorite thing about the car. I ALWAYS have my seat warmer on b/c I am ALWAYS cold. We might have bitten ourselves in the butt with this b/c now that I have had this luxury, I never want to go back. Heated seats are the way to go!
Ben loves this car so much. I love it, but am always afraid to drive it b/c I know how much Ben loves it and worry that something is going to happen.
Here are some pics of our newest addition.


Hard to believe that in two short months this car seat will be gone and Cic will be sitting in a front facing car seat.
Kai loves sitting in the front seat! Even though I was only backing out of the garage to take some pictures of the car, Kai acted like it was 'Christmas Morning' all over again.


Here's to not having to buy another car for a long long long time!

8 comments:

Marci said...

I laughed when you said you were afraid to drive it because Ben loves it so much. That is exactly how I felt when we first got our Expedition. Mike was (still is) in love with it and I was terrified everytime that I went somewhere that I would hit something, partly because it seemed huge to me and partly because of his love for it. I still park WAY far away from everyone else so I don't have to worry about backing into something :-). Congrats on your new addition!

Jena Hendry said...

That is so nice!! I don't think I have ever seen one of these! Looks like luxury! I love the picture of the back with Kai's little head popping up from the back seat!

Lindsay said...

Very cool! I'm glad you were able to get something you like even though that means you have a car payment now, boo!

Unknown said...

YAY!! You'll LOVE having 4WD and the third row. I am glad everything worked out :)

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

One word. JEALOUS!!

Julie K said...

Seat warmers + 4WD are the two most important qualities to look for in a vehicle. It's amazing how many people don't know better! Especially with leather seats, rump warmers are a must. And if you have little people, leather seats are a must as well!
(I saw you guys at Stake Conference a few weeks ago and man, I miss our antics together in Primary.)

Marci said...

We are pretty sure we are done...well, Mike is for sure done and I'm mostly sure :-). I don't think I'm cut out for 4. I had heard that 3 was the hardest too and I thought it would be easier than 1 to 2 because the girls would have each other to play with. But 3 was hard for me. I think a lot of it was because Preston was our worst sleeper ever. Also, Ella starting kindergarten was an adjustment. I thought that would make my life easier but it was hard to stay on top of all her new schedules and events with a newborn. Part of me wants to have another one just to prove to myself I can handle it, but I think we're good :-).

Mama Apes... said...

Looks like its the perfect fit for your family! It's great to know that your already thinking about a third and forth!! ha ha
Well come on they are for sure the cutest...and you guys can't stop at JUST TWO!