4.18.2010

AlmOsT OnE

Cicilee will be turning one next month. Ben and I took a drive to Golden today with hopes that we would find a good spot to take Cicilee's one year pictures. I think we got a good picture but I haven't had time to look at all of them yet.
I'll be honest, we live close to Golden but I have never really been there (other than driving by). In high school when I decided to pursue college basketball I was in contact with the coach from Colorado School of Mines. One of my friends (yes, it was a boy) attended there :) . It was so...surreal driving by the campus. I thought to myself that life would have been so different. It really hit me how important each decision I make is...

Golden is beautiful. I had no idea. It has the small town feel and is surrounded with mountains on both sides. I loved it. We pulled over at a park just to walk around and ended up snapping some shots there.
I haven't decided on what picture is going to be her "announcement picture" but here is a sneak peak of some that I have ruled out.
Thanks for the headband Emily, I LOVE IT!


The park had some really old buildings (we were in the historic area). I just love all the texture the old buildings have.
.
Kai was such a good sport and helped to try and get Cic to smile the whole time. He still has a bit of impetigo (as you can see in the picture) but it now just looks like his face is peeling. He is all covered up in this picture b/c he is OBSESSED with these blue sunglasses and this train hat my Mom bought him for Christmas. It is his favorite and sometimes I can't get it off him.

6 comments:

Mama Apes... said...

AWWWW....SWEET GIRL! ALREADY A YEAR? WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?

K. Crisler said...

I cant believe she is already turning one! She is such a doll.

Kristal said...

I love the big smile with her bottom teeth showing. She is adorable! I am sure you got tons of great pictures!

Lindsay said...

Very cute! I can't wait to see "the one!" I grew up right by Golden so I know what you're talking about, it is really cool and historic.

Jena Hendry said...

I can't believe she is going to be one! These pictures look great! She is so cute!
P.S. I love pok-a-dots on little girls!

Colorado Smarts said...

Seriously...one!?! I cannot believe that. I love the pictures. You'll have to explain to me where this park is because I need to get new ones of my kids and I've wanted to do it at a place like this.