2.04.2012

September 2011

September 2011...
We decided to take a little staycation this year and go to Vail. We had never been to Vail and have been talking about exploring more of Colorado, so we decided to start with Vail. It was so much fun. So refreshing to get out and get away for a night. We stayed at a cute hotel right by the ski area. We spent our trip shopping, discovering the town of Vail, and swimming. Kai and Cic loved it.




 Vail was so much fun. Kai and Cic absolutely loved all the statues



 We wanted to get a family shot while in Vail so we asked this couple we rode up with in the gondola to snap a quick shot. Um, REALLY? Why did they cut off Kai's face? I hate that people can't snap a decent shot when you need a favor.



 Beautiful!

My favorite part of the trip was laying in bed at 8:00 pm with the windows open. We had eaten dinner, taken baths, and brushed our teeth. The kids had had a really long day and needed to go to sleep. We laid in bed and just listened to everyone out in the streets living it up and enjoying the nightlife. Boy have times changed. We are on vacation and in bed at 8:00?! I just laid there and laughed about it. No place else I would rather be though.
 Second attempt at a family shot. Seriously?!! Did they NOT see my son standing in front of me? Why isn't he in this pic? Thanks anyway.
 FINALLY! Someone actually took our family picture and got the ENTIRE family in the shot. It's a miracle.
 Riding the gondola up the mountain.
 Kai and Cic hot tubbin'.
 
 
We took the family bowling for Kai's birthday this year. We had never been as a family so we figured why not? It was a blast and Kai had a perma-smile the entire time.
I am a terrible bowler, but I was proud of myself for actually breaking 100!
Kai turned FOUR.
These two pictures got out of order somehow, but I am too lazy to swap them around.
I love this shot of Cic. This is typical Cic. She is so in love with this baby doll, it's a bit ridiculous.
Love this shot of Tru.

 Kai was in HEAVEN.
 Cic was so excited (for the first few frames) but quickly lost interest.
 Our birthday boy.
 Tru slept through Kai's entire party.

Kai had his first "friend birthday party" this year. We decided on a superhero theme b/c he is obsessed with all things superheros. I made everyone at the party their own cape with the first initial of their name on it. It was a success. Kai and Cic still wear their capes around.
 The boys all got to decorate their capes with stars and color them if they wanted. It was a big hit.

 We did fun things in the backyard since the weather was so nice. We raced, did obstacle courses, had a jumping competition, etc.


 My big four year old!


 Love this picture. Too bad Kai still sleeps with his eyes open. Weird...
 Cic is such a good sister and always loving on Tru.

 Kai started Preschool this year and LOVES it. I am so amazed at how much he is learning. His teacher is Miss Kelly and she is AMAZING.
 This was Kai on his first day of school. He was so excited.

 We also went to Boulder in September. We have lived in Colorado for 6 years and had never been to Boulder. Man, we need to get out more. I loved Boulder. We went to the hometown festival and walked around for a bit. The kids loved it and we loved enjoying the sunshine. It was so fun to drive around the campus. There were several sorority houses pledging that day so it was fun to see that. I definitely want to go back and visit again.

 This picture doesn't do this justice. This is a really tall guy who lived off of tips by fitting himself into this box. There was a huge crowd around so we stopped and watched.

October 2011 coming soon....(hopefully)

No comments: