9.18.2010

LaBoR DaY 2o1o

This year for Labor Day we were invited to go to Colorado Springs with some of our friends. Even though Colorado Springs isn't too far away, we booked a hotel and made a weekend trip out of it. It was so fun!
We woke up first thing in the morning and hit up the hot air balloon launch. Kai and Cic were star struck and didn't quite know what to do. The weather was perfect though and we were able to get up close to so many cool balloons. We got to see the entire process they go through before getting blown up and launched. It was AWESOME! Yup, it was a little chilly at 7:00am. Once the sun was out it warmed up quick. Hot air balloon humor...

Love these two shots...

This one was so HUGE...
Cic was so content sitting in the stroller and soaking it all in. There was so much to see.
Rogers Family. (The Smarts were the ones who organized the entire weekend and I can't believe I didn't get a picture of them.)



Oh how I love sun flares...


Kai was so tired so I had to make Cicilee trade places with him b/c I seriously thought my left arm was going to fall off from holding him.
Yes, the sky was that blue!
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
We usually just go to the Denver Zoo (which I think is an awesome zoo). Since we were in Colorado Springs we decided to tag along with the Smarts and Rogers and try out a different Zoo. I mean, we have lived in Colorado for over 4 years now and never made it to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo yet...when would we have another opportunity to go?

It is so different from the Denver Zoo. We got so close to the giraffes you could actually feed them.

I bathed the kids in sunscreen and thought I was really careful about not getting in it their eyes... Guess I wasn't careful enough. (At least that's the only explanation we could think of as to why she had such a bad reaction.)

Poor Cic. Click on this picture to better understand just how bad it was....


Kai looking at the alligators (maybe they were crocodiles...not sure really).
Yes the animals are always fun to see, but while Kai and Ben were checking out the elephants the view was breathtaking.

Just one more reason why I love living in Colorado.
We had to take a few shots of all the kiddos together right before we headed home.

It was such a long day, but so much fun. (Note to self, if the Smarts invite you ANYWHERE, always say YES b/c you ALWAYS have a great time with them.)

We loved every minute of it and had a blast spending the weekend with great friends. Doesn't get much better than that!

Can't wait for next year. We want to make it a tradition. Here's to next Labor Day in Colorado Springs with our friends again.

3 comments:

Marci said...

You guys are always off having so much fun :-)! The balloon launch looks awesome!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Looks like such a fun time! Poor Cici though.. hope to talk to you soon!

Colorado Smarts said...

We are so glad that YOU guys came with us! You made it such a fun weekend and we hope that it will be a family tradition for you as well because we LOVED having you guys there! Here's to many more adventures together!