We are thrilled and so excited to meet him. I find myself watching Kai and Cic now wondering how this new addition will change our family dynamic. Each child has brought something new to the family...Kai is my little cuddle bug who is so inquisitive about everything and always concerned with how everyone is feeling. Cic is "Miss Independent" and a fireball. Both totally unique and both hold my heart in their tiny hands. They consume so much of my heart that I wonder how it is possible to love yet another!? I know that it is though, and can't wait to experience the joy of seeing our new little man for the first time and holding him in my arms. Having a baby really embodies, "Love at First Sight."
It is so overwhelming and I am so happy we get to experience it again.

Actually, I was really nervous to find out the sex of this little one. I felt guilty. This might be our last one and I felt like whatever the sex was, someone would lose. If it was a boy, I would feel bad that Cic would never experience what it was like to have a sister. If it was a girl, Kai would never experience what it was like to have a brother. I was excited when we saw that it was a boy but my heart ached for Cic a little.
I grew up with two brothers (one older and one younger actually, JUST LIKE CIC). I ALWAYS wanted a sister. I always admired my friends who had sisters and were really close with them and could stay up late and talk about boys, have things in common, etc. Playing sports my whole life gave me "sisters" though. My teammates became my sisters and I loved them. Now, my close friends are my sisters. I am blessed to have such great friends.
I guess I just haven't had a good experience with brothers. Either actually. It's still not a great experience. I try to be ok with it, not let it influence the way that I raise my kids, but how could it not? They say that the best predictor of the future is the past.
How do you teach your children to really love each other? To protect each other? To never turn their back on one another? Never cut each other out of their lives? To be there for each other. To be...a family? To be proud to be related to one another..."THIS is MY sister." THIS is MY brother.
Ben has been so understanding with my concerns. He has been absolutely amazing and so sweet. Hopefully we will be able to raise a close family who loves each other. My past (or present for that matter) does not predict our family's future.
Here is the baby bump at 21 weeks...

I had to include some pictures of the brother and sister waiting patiently for the arrival of their new brother.
Putting their arm around one another...
Kai knew we were going to have a boy from the beginning. He couldn't be happier with the news.
Only a few more months with just two kiddos.







3 comments:
That is great news! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see this little guy! Your kids are so cute and I can tell you are a great mom!
Keep us updated on your progress!
Yeah!!! So exciting. I have the same fears with my boys. Let me know when you find out the solution to having your kids LOVE and APPRECIATE each other.
You look awesome! Another boy will be super fun, I still can't believe you will have 3 children though...
Post a Comment