7.03.2008

Tagged by Carly~

I don't really do a lot of tags, but enjoy reading about other people when they are tagged...so here goes...

20 years ago~
I was 6 and lived in Richardson, Texas. I was attending Mohawk Elementary School, my best friend was Allison Cave, and I had a crush on Kyle Taylor. I was a major tomboy and if I wasn't one of the first people picked at recess for a team, I was upset. I have always been a competitive person. I think I wanted to be a writer and coach when I grew up at this stage. My favorite music was oldies. I loved listening to The Beach Boys and The Everly Brothers. (I know all their songs b/c my folks would make us listen to it when we went on road trips).
10 years ago~
I was 16 and lived in Double Oak, Texas. I had just gotten my drivers license and had gone on my first date with Curtis Dixon. Curtis was my first love. I was only in high school and never admitted it to him. My dad just bought me a car. It was a 1968 or 1969 metallic gold, VW Super Beatle. I loved that car. It had a sunroof and I had a taxi light that I used to put up (magnetically) on the top of my car at night. Worst thing about that car was in the summer you would just sweat on the pleather seats. Everyone who rode in my car got swass!!!
Jamie Eppley and Curtis Dixon were my best friends. We were sophmores at Marcus High School. I wanted to be a coach when I graduated college. I was still into sports, ran cross country that year, track, and was on the basketball team. I LOVED high school. I had the best group of friends! Even though I don't talk to many of my high school friends anymore, they were awesome. We always had so much fun together. High school was one of the best times of my life. There were no worries. I wouldn't change anything about high school...except for the fact that my parents kept grounding me. I don't think they realized how good they had it. I was such a good kid. Jamie and I were good for each other. We were totally innocent.
My favorite music was pretty much anything that Curtis put on the CD's he burned me. I loved Third Eye Blind, John Mayer and Jimmy Eat World.
5 years ago~
I was 21 and lived in Orem, Utah. I was attending The University of Utah and living with Jamie, Kelli, Aubree, and our fourth roommate kept changing. Ben and I had been friends for several years now. I had been dating a guy named Jeff on and off for a couple of years. When it finally hit the fan with Jeff and I realized the kind of guy I was dating, my world turned upside down. I didn't feel like I had a lot of friends, at least not many I could trust. Ben was...(this is gonna sound so sappy). Ben was fresh air. He was that warm sunshine you feel on your face. My "sunshine after the rain" (I still love that song). He was the constant in my changing world. He was the one person I could trust. Through this experience we became BEST FRIENDS. I will never forget the way he looked at me when I felt broken...He made me feel beautiful.
Ben has such a sincerity about him. I am so lucky to have him in my life.
The song that I loved at this time was a Keith Urban song, "You'll Think of Me". I love Keith Urban's voice.
I also really liked The Used...but only their first CD.
3 years ago~
Ben and I had just gotten married! We were still in the "honeymoon stage," everything was wonderful. We were about to celebrate our one month anniversary (Yes, I was that cheesy). We lived in Draper, Utah. I had just graduated from the University of Utah and was working at Far West Bank. I was so happy to be done with school and begin hunting for a job. I would search the Internet all day long at work (they knew I was looking) and apply for $250K+ jobs. I figured why not? Ben would laugh so hard at me, but I thought "I have a degree someone will hire me". Well, the $250k jobs would send me the nicest replies back, "We do not have a job available that meets your qualifications." AKA I had no qualifications, well I lacked a little something called experience. It was pretty funny.
Ben was still attending Utah Valley State College and I was writing most of his papers for him. He was also working at Mattress and Furniture Outlet, and we were busy saving money to buying furniture that couldn't fit into our little apartment. Ben was still driving his bullet bike around and I would cry everytime he was late coming home b/c I thought something had happened to him.
Our best friends were/are Carly and JT Young. We hung out with them every chance we got.
I really loved the song that Tim McGraw and Nelly sang together, "Over and Over Again." I have been labeled the "White Chick" by my friend Blake Guyton (he told me this when we were in high school). He gave me this label b/c when I like a song, I listen to it over and over again. I guess listening to a song on repeat is a "white girl" thing? I listen to songs on repeat, sad fact but totally true.
1 year ago~
We were/are living in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. I was working at Merrill Lynch and was 7 months pregnant. Ben was/is working at Payflex. We had just put in our backyard and enjoyed most evenings just sitting out on our patio watching our dogs (Harley and Willie) run around b/c they finally had a yard. Even though Makai was not born yet, we had everything ready. (I am a total planner. Sometimes I wonder if I have OCD). We were just waiting for our little guy to get here.
I do remember our neighbors Jackie and Nick inviting us to the Fall Out Boy Concert at this time last year. I was the only pregnant person there and my ankles were huge. We had a blast!
I loved Fall Out Boy...especially the Golden song.
So far this year~
We have taken two trips, one to Texas and one to Ohio to visit our families. I have stopped working at Merrill Lynch (still a tender subject for me), but enjoy every minute I get to spend with Kai. We are so blessed to live in our beautiful home and have such a good kid. He is our everything. What a difference a year makes!
Yesterday I~
Woke up at 7am. Went on a 5 mile run, ran to the post office and bank, blew up the kiddie pool for Kai, and then made dinner for Benny. I watered Jena's flowers and put Kai to bed. Then Ben and I relaxed and watched Wipeout together. (I love that show. I would totally love to try my hand at one of those courses).
Today I~
Woke up at 7am and went on a 5 mile run. Kai is sleeping but at 11 I will wake him up and will probably go to the pool. I need to finish some laundry (it is never ending) and clean the house. I also need to water Jena's flowers again. I am meeting one of my friends from Merrill Lynch for dinner at Costa Vida tonight. After that, who knows?
Tomorrow I~
Need to call Carly b/c it is Boston's 2nd birthday. Water Jena's flowers. I will go for a run and beg Ben to go to the pool with Kristal and I since he has the day off. I think we still have plans to go to the Rockies game and see fireworks. I am so excited!
This year I hope to~
Go on a vacation...a REAL vacation. I hope to not worry so much about finances, tone-up, train for a marathon, finish painting the inside of our home (that's right we still aren't done), and enjoy every moment with my boys!

1 comment:

Julie K said...

You totally have a sweet life! Up at 7? Nice. I love reading other people's tags too, so thanks for putting in the time on that one. And please do not get me started on the laundry.....I should be doing mine now.