9.28.2008

I Love My Mom!

My folks live in San Antonio, Texas so I don't see them as often as I would like. The good thing about living far away from your folks is that when you do see them it is a huge party everyday you are together. We cram a years worth of activities into the time we have together...exhausting, but so fun! My Mom came up and stayed with us for two weeks. I was in heaven the entire time. I just can't get enough of her. She is my best friend and so so helpful with Kai. I didn't have to bathe Kai the entire time b/c just took that roll over for me. We took her to the airport today and I bawled the entire ride home. I wish so badley they lived in Colorado.
Here are some shots from her stay...
Kai really loves Grandma Lundeen. I will admit at first, he was scared (it had been 6 months since he had seen her) but he warmed right up and she quickly became his favorite person.

Mom, I miss you already! Hurry back soon!

Mom helped me make the birthday cake for Kai's party. It was so much fun, I bet we laughed all morning.
Here I am icing the cakes with buttercream filling.

Fondant on the layered cakes...

I forgot to pick up gloves to mix the food coloring into the fondant so we improvised with ziplock bags...at least our hands didn't stain with the dark brown color we made.


Decorating the top tier...

Stacking the top tier onto the cake rods...

All Done!!!



We also went to Glenwood Springs while my folks were in town and hit up the hot springs. It was a blast. My mom's not in this picture cause she is the one who took it but we all had a great time.
I love you Mom!!!

7 comments:

Jena Hendry said...

Ashley that cake looks amazing. Send me the fondant receipe!

Lindsay said...

Your parents are so great! I'm glad that I got a chance to meet them. Your mom is so much fun! I feel your pain when it comes to them leaving. I hated it when my family left when I lived in Utah. So sad!f

Julie K said...

Your mom is adorable. We bonded during yesterday's descent into madness (the 2 hour practice of the Primary program) and I was totally there for her. While you were off down the row getting your hair done, I was out in the hall making myself useful--saying "uh oh" when your mom carried Kai out, all pukey. Did you know Kai barfed all over your mother's jacket? Probably because you weren't paying any attention to him. He clearly suffers from attention deficit. Barfing on grandma is just one of the classic signs.
Nevertheless, the cake was beautiful. Where's my piece?

Scott & Tami said...

Your cake turned out great. I need to learn how to make a cake like that....let's hook up so you can tell me all the things you learned while making it. Your mom is so sweet. Isn't it so fun to have family come to visit?!!!

Scott & Tami said...

Wanna play softball Thursday? Call me!

Kristal said...

I am so glad you had a fun time with your Mom. I am sorry she had to go, but I must admit, now I am hoping we can go back to hanging out every day!

Scott & Tami said...

Ashley,
Can you bring a copy of your icing recipe tonight to the game?