I was up all night curled up in a ball. I grabbed Ben about every 2 minutes when I had a contraction and he kept telling me to breath...(In my head I was thinking... "You try to breath through this.")
I finally decided to go back to the hospital at 3:30am. It was a 30 minute drive and I think I had my eyes closed the entire time.
My mom was in town and helped me walk into the hospital while Ben parked the car.
Thankfully, this time I was dilating quickly and wasn't sent home...
Contractions (no epidural in this picture yet)....
Ben is scratching his head probably thinking, "What am I supposed to do?"
Ben was sleeping on this comfy (not really) couch...
I had just had my epidural and was loving life.
4:16pm Makai Chase Michaelson was born!
21 1/4 inches long
7 lbs 2.2 oz
I was so overwhelmed in this picture...
Ben and I were both sobbing.
I remember being scared to hold him. I have never been around babies much and didn't know what to do.
Minutes after Kai was born. They were weighing him and I was just chillin'...I loved not feeling any pain.
First family photo...
(I actually think I am nursing in this picture so you can only see the top of Kai's head)
My two handsome guys!
This past year has gone by in the blink of an eye. We are so blessed to have Kai-man in our lives. There have been so many changes over the year, but I love them all.
I love our little family. Happy 1st Birthday Kai!







8 comments:
after seeing those pics it's making me nervous!! jk... not nervous, but i hate the hospital!! Happy b-day Kai! you look like you lucked out and got one proud mommy and daddy!
I have only been turned away from the hospital once....but it was with my fifth and so in addition to being mad and in pain, I felt completely humiliated! But when they sent me home at 4:00, little did they know I'd be back at 8 and have my baby just after 10--and JUST BEFORE the epidural started kicking in. Ugh. But at least I know, should I ever be pregnant again (which I won't) that I could do it without the pain meds!
Happy birthday Kai!
Ok.. you have me in tears!! Happy Happy 1st Birthday Kai! Hope the party went well! Kai, you have two of the best parents in the world. I miss ya so much Ash. It was great to talk to you the other day. I always look forward to your calls.
I am the biggest sap for birthing stories. I totally got teary reading about Kai's birth. It's just so happy and emotional, I can't help but cry!
Oh my gosh, this totally made me cry. I am so happy for you Ash! I miss you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much I can't even tell you. Let's do lunch asap. Work stinks without you friend. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Just seems like yesterday! Happy Birthday Kai-man
happy birthday kai!
looks like he's lovin his new ride!
thanks for sharing those great memories! :)
ash,
first off we love makai's one year old announcement! it is so cute.
i am glad that you posted your labor story...it is so fun reading others and sharing memories. kai is so precious! we should try to get together before we head down to texas and are so far away...or where ever it is that we move.
congrats on being the mother of a one year old.
jess
Post a Comment