11.30.2008

How In The World?!?

Kai is crazy.
In Elementary School we were always told to sit "Indian Style". I am not sure how Politically Correct that is, but it is the only way I know how to describe how Kai sleeps.
He usually sleeps "Indian Style", sleeping right on top of his folded legs and his hands always cushioning his forehead. I went in to check on him this afternoon and this is what I found. I felt so bad b/c it looked like it hurt. (I guess I didn't feel that bad b/c I made time to run downstairs and grab my camera to take pictures).
We tried not to wake him up to get his leg out, but it was stuck pretty good. I felt bad for the poor guy, Ben pretty much just had to jerk his knee out of the slats.
I wish I had gotten a better angle of his foot. (If you click on the picture and blow it up, you can kinda see how red his lower leg looks). But, he still managed to sleep through it.


I am always shocked at the positions Kai can sleep in.

7 comments:

Kristal said...

That looks like it would hurt! I can't believe he is able to sleep like that.

Lindsay said...

That is so crazy! I've never seen a leg stuck like that before! Every once in awhile Brooklyn will fall asleep with her foot sticking through, but not her whole leg!

Jena Hendry said...

Oh my goodness, what a crazy little sleeper!

Jena Hendry said...

Does he not sleep with the bumper?

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

Oh Kai.. what a crazy little boy. He is getting so big. I love your new cabinet by the way. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Toni said...

what a funny guy! looks like he's starting to figure things out! just watch out... before you know it you're locked out of the house with three little boys inside and they're closing the blinds so you can't see, but you see just enough to notice they've taken all their clothes off, and the oven's on... haha!

hope you guys are doing good! we're due in 5 or 6 weeks with number 4. Jan. 16th is our date! But the Dr. thinks it will be our smallest yet! crazy! maybe it's a girl!

My Five Little Monkeys said...

This is the kind of thing that happens Ashley, when you put the kid to bed and then go out bar hopping. The poor little thing.