12.09.2008

GiNGeRBReaD HouSeS

Question:
What does a gingerbread house and hot glue have in common?
Answer:
The Coles Gingerbread House!
Every Christmas season Ben and I decorate a gingerbread house together. This year, we decorated one with the Coles. It was a blast! I can't remember when I laughed that hard. They were a riot.
Their house needed some TLC b/c the roof kept coming apart and then the walls started caving in. Christian was such a trooper and never gave up. He kept adding icing (mortar as he called it) and then finally referred to the hot glue gun.
It is pretty solid now to say the least.
Here are some pics from the fun night!!!
Christian was so excited to build a gingerbread house...can you tell?

This picture is totally out of focus. I told Ben to act like he was having fun and this is the face he pulled...

Look how happy Christian is!!! Totally in the holiday spirit...(love this picture, even though he is totally being sarcastic).

Meanwhile, our house is done...Ben is elevating his ankle (from a football injury earlier that morning). I am just hanging out with the Coles laughing at them bicker and work together to get their house to hold. They were absolutely hilarious!

Doesn't Kristal look devastated that the walls are caving in?

Second time their roof started caving in...

...and so the hot glue gun came to the rescue...

Michaelson Family Gingerbread House 2008

Our finished products...

See how much fun the boys had?

Thanks for such a memorable evening! You will be truly missed. We love you guys!

3 comments:

My Five Little Monkeys said...

You kids are cute. Looks more fun than the same activity at my house. AND less messy.

Jena Hendry said...

I will keep in mind the glue gun idea for next year!

Lindsay said...

Good times! We've had issues with walls caving in before too. Gingerbread houses are tricky things!